The use of wedding flowers goes way back to when Roman brides adorned themselves with garlands, representing new beginnings. However, there’s something highly romantic and ever pleasing to the eye when it comes to flowers.
When it comes to choosing your wedding flowers, it depends on some factors such as the style you wish to create, your chosen venue, etc., there are lots of options to consider and also think about.
What To Consider When Choosing Your Wedding Flowers.
1. It is really important to be true to yourself and to inject a bit of personality into your wedding, don’t play it safe when you are planning the biggest day of your life! Personal touches add uniqueness to your big day.
2. If you are going to be interested in the meaning behind your wedding flower, carefully research what each wedding flower you might pick mean. Red roses symbolizes love, a red carnation symbolizes love, pride and admiration; a pink carnation symbolizes the love of a woman or a mother, while lilies represent truth and honor. However not all flowers have positive meanings; yellow carnations stand for rejection, while orange lilies symbolize hatred and disdain.
3. Your wedding flowers should go together with the rest of the decoration for the wedding. If you have other décor items, it could help you find a color that matches the wedding flowers. Choose two colors to narrow the options for flowers if it gets overwhelming.
4. Wedding flowers add those all-important finishing touches to both the bride and groom’s wedding attire. When choosing the right flowers consider the color scheme chosen for your big day, along with the shape and style of your dress. White flowers will not compliment an off-white dress however dusty pinks or purples will pair perfectly. If your wedding dress is not traditional and has a print or color then choose a simple, plain floral arrangement. This is something you can do lots of research on before you start flower shopping.
5. Wedding flowers can be an expensive aspect when planning your wedding. The best way to ensure you stay within your set budget is by doing some research and shopping around.
We are your go-to Bridal Store in Lagos for wedding gowns for your different body types.
Click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.