When choosing your wedding dress, there are some things to put into consideration to narrow your options and this allows you to find the right dress without much stress.
As a bride-to-be, we know you want to get that perfect dress that would make you so beautiful and also make heads turn while you walk down the aisle.
7 Tips To Help You With Choosing Your Wedding Dress
1. Make Sure You Have A Budget: Before you even start choosing your wedding dress, have a budget. You need to know how much you can afford to spend (including alterations and accessories).
You don’t want to fall in love with a dress that’s way beyond your budget. Finally, imagine choosing your wedding dress and it is beyond your budget? It will make it hard to be happy with another other dress you will be choosing.
Be prepared to pay a deposit of half the cost of the dress when you order it. It’s also good to have a budget before you shop so that your bridal consultant can suggest designs that will work with your budget.
2. Start Shopping for Your Dress as Early as Possible: Don’t leave choosing your wedding dress to the last minute. If you’re on a tight timeline, you’ll have fewer options. Most experts recommend starting shopping at least nine months before the wedding.
3. Choose A Dress That Suits Your Body Type: Because you saw this dress online on models or other brides does not mean it’s right for YOU. Plus-sized brides often appear their best in Empire dresses made of more structured material. Tall women should stick to simple dresses that sweep the floor and have a low waist. If you have a nice shape and you want a dress that brings out those curves, If you are choosing your wedding dress, you would have to go for a mermaid wedding gown.
4. Think About Your Comfort: No matter how beautiful a dress looks on you, you won’t be happy if you’re uncomfortable. Choosing your wedding dress should be based on your comfort and also a dress that suits your body type. You don’t want to be uncomfortable during the wedding ceremony.
5. Plan Ahead: Before going out to shop and finally choosing your wedding dress, make sure you call the stores you want to visit. Find out what their price range is for dresses. It may turn out it isn’t worth your time to visit certain stores when choosing your wedding dress. Calling ahead is important for plus-sized brides. Not all stores carry plus-sized samples. The store may need time to get them in before your appointment.
6. Be Open Minded: Don’t worry about the size that a dress says on the label. Wedding dress sizes run much smaller than those for regular clothes. Also, try on dresses even if they don’t look perfect on the hanger. Wedding dresses may appear boring on the hanger but amazing on your body. Listen to the staff and be open to their choices. The dress you fell in love with online might not be right for you.
7. Consider the Locations of the Wedding and Reception: Location matters. For a beach wedding, you won’t want a long train or a ball gown. If you’re getting married in a church, be respectful. Don’t wear a dress that’s too revealing. If you’re getting married somewhere warm, certain materials aren’t right. They’re too heavy and wouldn’t be comfortable. Don’t choose a wedding dress made of very thin material for a winter wedding.
We are your go-to Bridal Store in Lagos for wedding gowns for your different body types.
Click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.