For you to have a stress free wedding, you have to know what you can handle and whom you can count on for help and support before you walk down the aisle. Most brides have an image in their mind of their big day, what it should look like and how everything should go.
We have put together some tips to help you have a fun, relaxed and stress free wedding. Enjoy!
PLANNING A STRESS-FREE WEDDING
1. Delegate: Find a job for every member of the wedding party, which outlines their specific roles for the day eg. one of your bridesmaids might be in charge of picking up your bridal attire to and from the hotel room. She may have them sent to the honeymoon location or return them to the bridal store. Making sure everyone knows their role in advance can help keep stress to the bare minimum. This makes everything much easier and you have a stress free wedding
2. Hire a Wedding Planner: Hiring a good wedding planner can eliminate the stress of the wedding planning process almost completely. They help you manage the activities and relieve you of a lot of the work. So, if it’s something you have the budget for and you’d like a relaxed and fun experience then it’s definitely worth it. A good wedding planner will be able to step in and handle all of your vendors and can help you achieve a fun, relaxed and stress-free wedding.
3. Don’t cut costs where necessary: There are certain instances where you should not negotiate costs. It is not advisable to cut costs by hiring an inexperienced team instead of hiring professional vendors with enough experienced staff to do the job so you can enjoy a stress-free wedding day.
4. Pick Comfortable Attires and Shoes: Looking beautiful is important, but if your wedding dress makes you uncomfortable in any way on your own wedding day, this is a problem. Take your time to pick a dress that fits perfectly and is comfortable whether you’re standing or sitting. If you can afford to change your dress for your reception, that would be great. With shoes, of course, bring a spare pair for dancing and photos but also make sure you break them in by wearing them around the house for a few weeks.
5. Pamper Your Body: A massage, a facial, or even a manicure and pedicure in a spa setting can do wonders for your stress levels. If you can’t get a spa, have a bath. A nice bath can melt stress away.
6. Start Early: It is never too early to start planning your wedding and booking your vendors. The closer your wedding gets, the more stressed you’ll become. If you are prepared and have planned, the less there will be to stress over. Although is better to hold off on booking your vendors and paying for a hall until you are completely sure you have found the right options.
7. Use Your Resources: It’s okay if you can’t hire a wedding planner. Planning a wedding is a lot. There are lots of resources online to help you plan the kind of day you have envisioned: there are Pinterest boards and blog posts and so many other resources you can use to help. Aside from Google and social media, ask your vendors. They can recommend other vendors and also offer advice on everything from how to budget. This is another way to have a stress-free wedding
8. Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff: Your wedding is about celebrating your love for your person. It’s about including your friends and family in on that celebration. It’s not about the decoration and other minor details.
5 years from now, you may not remember some of those things. You will only remember the feeling you had on that day. You will remember how cute you both looked. You will remember laughing and you will remember the day two became one surrounded by love and happiness. So don’t fret over minor details that would cause you not to have a stress-free wedding
Have you read our previous article on how to create Wedding mood boards? Click here now!
If you need help, click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.